Tuesday 7 October 2014

Farm

When I was a teenager, I lived on a small lavender farm. Of course, being a teenager, I didn't much appreciate my surroundings. Now that I'm a florist I can only imagine the fun I would have if my backyard was once again hundreds of flowering rows of lavender.



Mostly we distilled the lavender to make pure essential lavender oil. If you know anything about aromatherapy, then you'll know that lavender is a magical plant. Its oil is powerful. The oil we produced was award winning!

I still have bottles of oil from this farm. The scent is beautiful and very familiar. I have madeleine-esque moments every time I hold a bottle beneath my nose. Today I use the oil in my washing, to freshen up my mattress, on my kitchen floor when I mop, in baths, on my temples for headaches, on my skin to dry out blemishes, and I regularly burn it in my oil burner. You can read more about the powerful properties of lavender oil here.

Of course, this versatile flower is very pretty in wedding arrangements too. The wonderful thing about choosing a lavender wedding bouquet is being able to hang it upside down and dry it afterwards. A keepsake for all time. 


K xx

Styling and Photographs by Moss & Vine




No comments:

Post a Comment